- Complete and sign application for admission.
- Have ACT (school code: 3270) and/or SAT (school code: 1221) scores sent to CSU.
- $30 non-refundable application fee (check or money order made payable to Cleveland State University).
- Official high school transcript or GED scores.
- Official transcripts from all regionally accredited colleges and universities attended other than Cleveland State (including post-secondary course work).
- International students must also submit official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores and Financial Verification Form.
- Check the status of your application.
Application Dates and Deadlines
Applications for admission are accepted throughout the year. Admissions decisions are typically made within 24 hours of receipt of all required materials. If special circumstances apply, an admissions committee reviews individual applications for decision each week. Students are strongly encouraged to apply as early as possible as space is limited in certain academic programs. All students must be admitted before receiving financial aid, scholarships and on-campus housing.
Click here to view the full academic calendar.
Students wishing to apply for the Honors Program for the Fall semester of 2012 are encouraged to apply by January 15. Click here for additional information and application.
Students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or renewal FAFSA to be considered for financial aid including loans at Cleveland State University. Please visit www.fafsa.ed.gov to begin the financial aid process. If you have questions, please contact Enrollment Services at 216.687.5411.
All students interested in University housing (Euclid Commons or Fenn Tower) need to complete the housing application soon after applying for admission. Click here or call 216.687.5196 for further information. Please note that housing assignments are on a first come, first serve basis.
Orientation is the first step for students after being admitted to Cleveland State. Orientation is a one day program that includes meeting with your advisor, registering for classes, getting your ID card, taking a tour of campus, and learning about CSU services and programs. Orientation is mandatory for all first-year students and optional for transfer students.
Programs for Spring semester will begin in December and continue throughout January. Programs for Summer and Fall semesters will begin in May and continue throughout the summer. To sign up for an Orientation program or for more information, click here or call the Orientation staff at 216.523.7416.
External Test Credit and Military Credit
Click here for information on external test credits and military credits.