Applications are accepted throughout the year. High School students are strongly encouraged to apply for admission in the fall of their senior year or as early as possible. All students must be admitted to Cleveland State before receiving financial aid and scholarships and applying for campus housing. Review the admission requirements and application instructions prior to completing your printed or online application.
Follow these steps to apply for admission to Cleveland State:
Complete Application for Undergraduate Admission
You may complete an application using one of the following methods:
- Apply Online.
- Request an application by calling 216.687.5411.
Read the important application information and be aware of important dates and deadlines which may affect your application status.
Include Application Fee
A nonrefundable $30 application fee is required by check or money order (made payable to Cleveland State University). Students submitting an application online may pay with Visa, MasterCard or American Express.
High School students who have limited financial resources and meet the NACAC requirements may use the NACAC Request for Application Fee Waiver Form when applying for college. Download the form.
Obtain Official Transcripts
- Official high school transcripts from every school attended are required. Download the high school transcript request form as a PDF here. (Adobe Acrobat Reader is required.)
- High school seniors should also include the 12th grade schedule of classes and seventh semester grades (if available).
- Students with post-secondary course work must include college transcripts from every institution attended. Download the college transcript request form as a PDF here. (Adobe Acrobat Reader is required.)
- Students who have completed the GED should submit an official score transcript from the state in which the diploma was earned.
Obtain Official ACT or SAT Test Results
Official ACT or SAT scores are required for admission to Cleveland State. Scores appearing on your official high school transcript are acceptable. You can also request to have your test scores sent to Cleveland State directly from the testing agencies. Cleveland State's codes are:
Submit Materials and Application Fee
To apply for admission, submit your materials (application, official transcripts, and official ACT or SAT test results) along with the $30 application fee through one of three methods:
- By Mail:
Cleveland State University
Application Processing Center
Office of University Registrar
2121 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44115-2214
- In Person: Deliver your completed application in person to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions located in the Welcome Center at Euclid Commons, room 100.
Accept Your Admission
All students must be admitted to Cleveland State University and accept their admission to receive financial aid and scholarships (fall deadline: May 1st, spring deadline: November 1st). Log on to CampusNet using your CSU ID and password. Click on the "Applicant" tab and choose "Yes" to accept.